Bloys Camp Meeting Association
June 14, 2020
The Executive Committee met in the Bloys Tabernacle on Sunday, June 14, in lieu of our usual June Meeting. Several items of importance were considered and acted upon.
- Maxie Watts presented his Treasurer’s report which was accepted. With regret and sincere appreciation for his service, President Harral and the committee accepted his resignation as treasurer. Bill Van Eman was selected as Interim Treasurer.
- Beverly and Virgil Ray Gage are retiring to Junction after faithful service of 19 years. The caretaker’s job will be offered to Patrick Downing, beginning on July 6.
- Two commercial fans, eight feet in diameter, will be located in the front of the Tabernacle. We hope this will improve air circulation and comfort. If the two trial fans are successful, we plan to cool the entire tabernacle with additional fans.
- A bid to construct the slab and metal building to house paramedics and the emergency care clinic was accepted. Clearance of the site near the front entrance should begin soon.
- The Executive Committee has received some questionnaire results about our future for consideration and discussion. Your input is valuable to all.
Many of you have joined us in prayer for guidance and wisdom in the face of the novel coronavirus COVID-19 challenge. Thank you. The Executive Committee strongly believes that our message of faith, hope, and love is exactly what is needed at the present time of fear, uncertainty, and change. We have considered every possible scenario to implement procedures and protocols to comply with current laws. It is our opinion that we cannot meet the standards to open safely this year; therefore, we are cancelling the August 2020 Campmeeting. Believe, we all regret the need for this decision. We pledge to move forward and we will have a tremendous Campmeeting in 2021.
Having made this difficult decision, the committee wishes to share with you a few more of our actions and concerns. We shall send our annual contributions to each of the respective orphanages. There are ongoing expenses for the campgrounds. Please consider contributing to the Association as you have in the past. Donations or memorial gifts to the Bloys Campmeeting Association should be sent to Bloys Campmeeting Association, c/o Summer Webb, P. O. Box 34, Valentine, Texas 79854. Alternately, you may prefer to visit our website, bloyscampmeeting.org/donate to make an online donation using Pay Pal.
We, your representatives, want Bloys Campmeeting Association to be part of an awakening and revitalization of our faith and trust in God. Please continue to lift up your prayers for our nation and families. Call upon any us if we may be of help to you.
D. A. Harral, President
Ken Greaves, Bill Miller, Ron Helm, Adele Coffey, Bodie Means, Mo Morrow,
Hester Ann White, Bill Van Eman, Jim Duncan, Maxie Watts